Sunday, March 20, 2011

Why Me?

Well, its been a while since I have written in my blog, but this something I felt the need to talk about today...the Why Me Syndrome...

Why do I have to go through pain?
Why do I have to have bad things happen to me?
Why why why why why?

So ya, as Christians its hard when bad things happen, but God never said bad things would never happen.

Psalms 30:5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

That pretty much says to me, that we are going to have pain, we are going to have moments of weakness, that we are going to have LIFE HAPPEN...but read on!...JOY cometh in the morning...now, that being said that doesn't mean that I won't have pain tomorrow....it means that one day, the pain that I feel today emotional or physical will change...and remember God says that he works all to the good of those who love him

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I am going to share a life story. I dont share it with many people but I feel like today is the day to do this.

When I was 12 years old my sister was brutally murdered. It took years to get over this. I don't know why it happened, I can't find a reason for it in my heart..but the easy thing to do was blame God...or ask "how could you let this happen to me" But lets think about this....God didn't let it happen, we have free will, free choice...the man who killed my sister had free will and free choice...but God is faithful, it did get better...it took a while, but it did get better. I still don't know what happened during that time that God used to the good of his people from that, but it did shape and mold who I am as a person today. I truly believe there is a greater purpose from all experiences in our lives that are built up around our past.

So when bad things are happening, I realize its hard to pray but turn to prayer...God loves you, He is faithful. Its not a why me situation...its a how are you using me and this situation for YOUR glory God?

Think about the scriptures where Jesus is praying before he died on the cross for us. "Please let this cup pass from me!!!! But not my will, but thy will be done" That should speak volumes to us...Man, please I really really dont want this to happen..!!! (I don't want my sister to die! I don't want to have pain! I don't want my family to have sickness! I don't want my friends to have sorrow! why me God???) But not MY will...but YOURS be done!

Just some powerful things to think about today.

Sharyl

No comments:

Post a Comment