Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Well, doesn't that just take the cake!

As you all know by now...I am fasting from chocolate, soda and red meat...and life continues to happen when we aren't even paying attention. A girl at work had a birthday today (and yes my turn will come) Apparently they go all out for birthdays at my job, decorate your cubicle, cake, food you like, snack you like kinda thing...and they got her chocolate cake...and the drool started...

Why is it when we are abstaining from something that everything you do, no matter where you go ..there it is to slap you in the face.. Temptation with a capital T! I went to the grocery store and there was something with chocolate, soda or red meat around every corner...argh!!! LOL just lead me to the dang chicken blindfolded!

But here is my realization...temptation was there when Jesus walked the earth, the devil tempted him many times over..so why should I be so special? Right..I am not...there will always be things out there that tempt us all...its how we handle it that makes us different.

I have not handled it well in the past, I have succombed to my fair share of weakness...of many varieties...we all have. But today...I looked the demon in the eye...I faced the chocolate cake..my nemesis..and I didn't care...I knew I wasn't going to have any...why might you ask? Well that one is easy...I let myself down all the time...but I wasn't about to let God down. Neat trick huh?
Who knew it was so easy...but with this new attitude of putting God first, it was time.

What are you doing to put God first in your life? What temptations get placed in your way that you can deny because you have the strength of God instead of the willpower of yourself. FROG baby!
Fully Rely On God!

Sharyl

No comments:

Post a Comment